Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Trip to Yellowstone National Park, Day 2




Day 2

I hear my parents wake up and say somethings that I don't remember because it was 3 AM. Yep, that was a sleepless night. My mom gets in the drivers seat and we go to Missoula. It is 4 in the morning. Breakfast time!! We park it at IHOP for a while. Then we figure out it is not going to open until after we're long gone. I want a sausage and cheese McGriddle from McDonald's. so we drive over there and McDonald's isn't even open yet. What the heck. So we drive to Burger King. I refused to eat there, but everyone else did. It smelled so good, and I was starving, but I was not backing down from my love of McDonald's and my hate for Burger King.

I'm not sure how long we drive until we park at another rest stop and sleep some more. I have no idea how long we stay there but it was a long time. Around a few hours is what I was told. I was getting grumpy from my lack of blood sugar so I told whoever was driving that they needed to STOP AT THE NEXT MCDONALD'S. Somewhere in Montana or Idaho I finally get my McDonald's. It was good stuff.

After stopping at a few hundred more rest areas, we somehow get back into Idaho and stop in Idaho Falls for lunch. I wanted Wendy's, but we go to Quizno's. It was super busy and the people who worked there were definitely tools. "You wanted...........Turkey.........Right....?" No I wanted a Moose sandwich, what do you think. I think no one can getting any slower/dumber, but that was before we got to register girl. "You guys got........Sandwhiches...........Right?" No, we got a burger and fries. Like seriously people of Idaho Falls Quizno's. Of course my mom remembers we forgot towels in this town, so we have to make another stop at the Fred Meyer to get some.

On the road again, we go through southern Idaho until we get to Wyoming. The air smells so sweet and fresh and I could've stayed there forever. And we did. A little bit up the road, a motorcyclist hit a deer. Luckily he was okay and he didn't even have to get into the ambulance. Everyone was out of their cars trying to see what was happening. It eventually passed and we went down the road trying to figure out where we were staying for the night. we pass a quaint campground and stop in. I see the bear signs and instantly want a hotel. I don't want to be a bear's dinner at all. Luckily, the campground was full anyways.

We drive more (Big surprise) and get to the lookout over Jackson, Wyoming. The mountains and valleys are just so breathtaking. But it was cold so we didn't stay up there for long. I begin to look up hotel prices but I knew we were going to end up camping anyways with my cheap father. Haha. We drive down the grade into Jackson and I am convinced I want to live there when i grow up. My mom screams "LOOK!! ITS BUBBA'S!" Yes, we did end up eating there that night. We drive to the Visitor's Center to find a campground. We drive to the place and this one doesn't have showers. But we stayed there anyways. There were signs all over the place saying "YOU ARE IN BEAR COUNTRY" "BE BEAR AWARE" "EVERYTHING SMELLS TO A BEAR: PUT IT AWAY AND LOCK IT UP" I was spooked.

We set up camp, got ready, and went back into Jackson for dinner. We get to Bubba's and have to wait for a good 45 minutes to eat. I got a chili cheese dog, my dad got a huge plate of like 3 meals, my mom got the "amazing" brisket, and who knows what my weird sister got. We eat, pay, and leave and g out on the town. Of course I hit up the shops. I got a pair of sweats, a sticker for my car, and a buffalo key chain. Jackson is a very busy place in the summer. It took us about 30 minutes just to get into the town each time.

The Grand Tetons surrounding us were amazing. They are so tall and majestic... But you better not be looking at those too long or you will hit the bison crossing the road. It was crazy!! They just cross the road doing their own thing. They are HUGE!! I love em.

We get back to the site and my parents decide it's time for bed. It's only 9, 8 PST. But yes, we go to bed. I was scared to death of bears. At around 2AM, I hear an animal outside. My mom hears it too. I was too afraid to move. We don't know if it was a bear, moose, or bison because we were all too afraid too look out the tent and check ;) I finally fall asleep around 3 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?