Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Trip to Yellowstone National Park, Day 1

Well, this being my first attempt at blogging, try not to make fun of me ;)

This year, my dad decided we were going to go on a whirlwind trip to Yellowstone. Not planned. No specific destinations. This would be a situation where you could really say we were "wingin' it".

Day 1

The plan was to leave on Wednesday around noon. That is not what happened, whatsoever. My day started off waking up at 8 or so in the morning to go running, oh yay. After the torture, my dad had to go into Spokane to do some last minute stuff for the Oasis, the coffee stand we own. "It'll only take a few hours, not too long." Ya, right. While my dad was in town, we all packed our bags, partially loaded the car, and waited. And Waited. And waited some more. Yep, still waiting. While waiting for the padre to get home so we could actually leave, my mom, sister, and I watched about seven episodes of "Cash Cab" on Discovery Channel. We decided we would totally win big bucks if we ever got stuck in the Cash Cab.

Finally, my dad gets home. We load up the car and leave. It is now about 4 PM. Definitely off schedule. We take the dog and head toward Spokane. Little did my sister and I know, we would have to stop at the Oasis again before we could leave. When we get back on the road its time for dinner. We get some Wendy's and I think we are finally on the road again. Nope. We pass Post Falls and my mom wants to go to Cabela's because she has never been there before. Of course, Lexie gets stuck in the car with the dog. So I wait in the car for about a half an hour with my stinky, panting, slobbering whippet for my parents and sister to get back. "Everything in there is too expensive, we have to stop at Wal-Mart." I am convinced we are never going to get to Yellowstone, ever.

FINALLY, we get on the road and head for our destination. But, since we brought the dog, we have to stop at every other rest stop so she can get out and go potty. And then we have to stop even more so my sister can go to the bathroom. I think she should just stop drinking liquids, period.

As it starts to get late, we get about an hour or so from Missoula, Montana and my parents decide its time to sleep. But where are we going to sleep? In the back parking lot of a rest stop, but of course. Truckers coming and leaving, traffic on the freeway, a thunderstorm with lightning, I got no sleep at all. The lightning would flash and wake me up. The dog was squishing me. AND since I was in the middle seat, both my parents had their seats reclined and i was feeling some claustrophobicness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?